+ MALYARKA (TROESCHYNA)
+ MALYARKA (TROESCHYNA)
* The mileage of the car is approaching the scheduled replacement of the timing belt
* Car does not start well
* The engine is unstable
* Car won’t start
* When buying a used car
* Extraneous sounds are heard when starting the car
The mileage of the car is approaching the scheduled replacement of the timing belt
Car does not start well
The engine is unstable
Car won’t start
When buying a used car
Extraneous sounds are heard when starting the car
The timing belt replacement kit includes:
Timing belt replacement: everything you need to know
The gas distribution mechanism, better known among motorists as the timing, is one of the main components that ensures the operation of the car engine. The timing belt plays a key role in this process. It is he who regulates the output of exhaust gases and fuel injection into the combustion chamber.
However, like all parts that operate under constant mechanical stress, it tends to wear out. As a result, the belt begins to stretch, and the operation of the motor is disrupted. If the timing belt is not replaced in time, this can lead to irreparable damage to the integrity and shape of the valves and pistons.
What Are The Signs That A Timing Belt Needs Replacement?
The best way to not miss critical belt wear is to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations. The timing belt is recommended to be replaced after 75-100 thousand kilometers. The exact mileage depends on the specific make and model of the car.
However, this rule can only be applied in cases where:
- you know when this element was last replaced;
- a high-quality and original belt is installed, which is guaranteed to serve the due date;
- the internal combustion engine runs without interruption;
- the motorist does not overload the engine and does not create emergency situations for the engine;
- the owner of the car uses only high-quality fuel.
Therefore, it is advisable to rely not only on the recommendations from the service book, but also to ensure that your machine is working properly. The following signs may indicate that you need to replace the timing belt in Kyiv or another locality:
- the exhaust pipe of your car began to smoke heavily
- when the engine is running, you begin to hear extraneous knocks, whistles and creaks;
- The motor began to run unevenly and began to lose power.
Visual diagnostics of the timing belt at home is not always possible, since this mechanism is usually closed by a protective cover. Therefore, when the first signs of wear appear, it is better to seek help from a reliable service station.
The cost of replacing a timing belt, in most cases, depends on the make and model of the car, in particular on whether this requires removing the engine.
A high-quality and quick replacement of the timing belt in Kyiv can be done at the VAG Master car service.
This procedure includes:
- replacement of the timing belt or chain;
- checking and, if necessary, replacing related elements.
The price depends on how complex the repair will be. Replacing the timing belt in any case will be cheaper than repairing breakdowns in the event of a belt break during operation.
Sooner or later, each car will need to replace the timing belt, the price in Kyiv can vary significantly in different services. However, you should focus not only on the cost of services, but also on the reputation and customer reviews that can be found on specialized forums.
With whom we have been working for more than a year. We are a certified service center with professional mechanics.